Our high-speed vehicle is an unorthodox machine, levitating from the ceiling of a tube and reaching speeds up to 700 kph along an imperfect track. You will be responsible for researching its dynamical behavior and developing the models that will ensure a smooth ride.
In close cooperation with your colleagues from the vehicle department and the members of the tractive and infrastructure teams you will develop the solutions for suspension and kinematics. Besides modelling the dynamical behavior of the vehicle you will be responsible for the packaging, 3D modelling and FEM analysis of all suspension components. You will join the vehicle department and report to the Lead Engineer Vehicle.
Your first major milestone, the realization of all hyperloop vehicle suspension components for testing in our high-speed test facility.
As our Vehicle Dynamics Engineer – Suspension Systems, your responsibilities will include:
- Research and development of innovative suspension concepts.
- Modelling of vehicle dynamics and kinematics.
- Finite Element Analysis of structural parts.
- Independently produce detailed 3D models.
- Produce output such as 2D drawings, BOM‘s, assembly-/installation instructions.
- Design for producibility and determine geometrical tolerances.
- Assist in the identification of technical problems and contribute with possible solutions.
- Assist in the assembly of the vehicle.
- Perform tests to validate all models and calculations.
What we like to see
- Minimum of 4 years of experience related to the position (e.g. car, train or aerospace related vehicle engineering projects).
- Excellent communication skills in English — both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomous, and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, be assertive and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Strong work ethic and drive to be the best.
- Passion for engineering, research, and development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of Aerospace Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with a wide variety of production technologies.
- Experience with CAD and simulation software (e.g. Siemens NX, Simcenter, Matlab, Simulink).
- Availability to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
Hardt is a European technology company that specializes in hyperloop. We believe it is our duty to improve the lives of current and future generations by creating technologies that challenge time and distance and remove physical boundaries. We envision a world where you can go and be with everyone and everything you care about. A world where distance does not matter.
Hyperloop is the new mode of transportation for large volumes of passengers and cargo. The hyperloop network connects cities, countries, and even continents in short periods of time. Tubes with a low-pressure environment offer ideal conditions for low-energy travel and protect the vehicles from external influences. Just like a highway, vehicles join and exit the high-speed network at any point along the route and are seamlessly connected with other modalities. Direct trips are made possible without transfers or intermediate stops.
How do you see the future of travel? We offer you to be among the first to have a say. Here, if one of us has an idea and a way to prove it, you will have the grounds to do it. We continually challenge each other to think unrestrained. You will have the chance to make a real impact on society. Above all, you will also have the best fun with us at our beautiful office and test facility locations in Delft. Those who are part of the team claim they got more than they bargained for. Do you have what it takes to join?