Hardt is looking for an experienced transport engineering manager who can translate the hyperloop technology into the (civil) design of real-world hyperloop route projects that will change the way in which we travel and live. You are responsible for the definition of a scalable civil and safety design that can be applied and tuned for the different routes under development. This includes managing the bill of materials, the cost estimation, and the planning of the implementation of the routes. You will also play a role with external parties, both to work together with our partners process their information into our designs and estimations, and to present your design to clients. Within Hardt, you will be part of the route development team which includes business developers, transport analysts and project managers, and you play an important role in bridging the interface between the engineering team and the business team. You will lay the groundwork for many hyperloop routes to come.
As our Transport Engineering Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Civil and safety design
- Cost estimation and planning
- Determining route alignment
- Management of bill of materials
- Interfacing with partners
- Producing technical drawings and reports
- Presenting design solutions
What we like to see
- Minimum of 2 years of experience related to the position.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrate aptitude for scheduling and estimating
- Exceptional presentation and reporting skills
- Affinity with safety and sustainability in design
- Passion for engineering
- Experience with simulation, CAD and GIS software (e.g. Matlab, AutoCAD, ArcGIS)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work on the interface between engineering and business teams
- Demonstrated ability in your field of expertise and willingness to make a difference.
- Strong work ethic and drive to be the best.
- Excellent communication skills in English — both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomous, and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, be assertive and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a challenging work environment.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Availability to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility in working hours and willingness to travel within and outside Europe.
Hardt is a European technology company that specializes in hyperloop. We believe it is our duty to improve the lives of current and future generations by creating technologies that challenge time and distance and remove physical boundaries. We envision a world where you can go and be with everyone and everything you care about. A world where distance does not matter.
Hyperloop is the new mode of transportation for large volumes of passengers and cargo. The hyperloop network connects cities, countries, and even continents in short periods of time. Tubes with a low-pressure environment offer ideal conditions for low-energy travel and protect the vehicles from external influences. Just like a highway, vehicles join and exit the high-speed network at any point along the route and are seamlessly connected with other modalities. Direct trips are made possible without transfers or intermediate stops.
How do you see the future of travel? We offer you to be among the first to have a say. Here, if one of us has an idea and a way to prove it, you will have the grounds to do it. We continually challenge each other to think unrestrained. You will have the chance to make a real impact on society. Above all, you will also have the best fun with us at our beautiful office and test facility locations in Delft. Those who are part of the team claim they got more than they bargained for. Do you have what it takes to join?