Developing a new mode of transportation provides the opportunity for innovation in fields where things are being done because ‘that’s how we have always done it’.
It will be your responsibility to turn this world upside down. By leading a team of highly motivated individuals to research, develop, and implement new solutions for infrastructure and construction technologies in the context of hyperloop.
After a successful development of its low-speed test facility, Hardt, together with its eco-system of industry leaders, aims to realize the next, and first, European high-speed test facility. A crucial part of this facility is the propulsion system that will allow the vehicle to reach its target speeds. As the Power Electronics engineer, you will be responsible for modeling, designing, integrating, and testing all high-power electrical systems and components for the propulsion system of the high-speed test facility. These systems include high-power PCBs, high-frequency power modules, DC voltage bus, gate-drivers, current sensors, battery systems, cables, and complementary hardware and assemblies. You will be part of the tractive department of our product development team, that include experts in magnetic systems, control systems, electronics systems, and communication systems.
As our Power Electronics Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Develop the power electronics system of Hardt’s linear synchronous motor.
- Design, develop, and test all the needed power electronics hardware and PCBs.
- Define, integrate, and test the needed gate drives, current sensors, and power modules.
- Design and test the system’s DC bus line.
- Design and implement the wiring and cabling the needed components.
- Conduct an EMI analysis and design the needed isolation/shielding and hardware filtering measures of individual subsystems and the final integrated system.
- Conduct a thermal effects assessment and design the needed hardware safety measures.
- Design, develop, and test a fault identification and management system for the power electronics hardware.
What we like to see
- Passion for engineering.
- Demonstrated ability in your field of expertise and willingness to make a difference.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience related to the position.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Hands-on experience with physical prototyping and testing of power electronics systems.
- Experience with 3-phase electric machines.
- Experience with high power linear motor systems is a plus.
- Experience with PCB design and simulation software (e.g. Althium, Eagle, Matlab, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomous, and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, be assertive and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Availability to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- Excellent communication skills in English — both written and verbal.
Hardt is a European technology company that specializes in hyperloop. We believe it is our duty to improve the lives of current and future generations by creating technologies that challenge time and distance and remove physical boundaries. We envision a world where you can go and be with everyone and everything you care about. A world where distance does not matter.
Hyperloop is the new mode of transportation for large volumes of passengers and cargo. The hyperloop network connects cities, countries, and even continents in short periods of time. Tubes with a low-pressure environment offer ideal conditions for low-energy travel and protect the vehicles from external influences. Just like a highway, vehicles join and exit the high-speed network at any point along the route and are seamlessly connected with other modalities. Direct trips are made possible without transfers or intermediate stops.
How do you see the future of travel? We offer you to be among the first to have a say. Here, if one of us has an idea and a way to prove it, you will have the grounds to do it. We continually challenge each other to think unrestrained. You will have the chance to make a real impact on society. Above all, you will also have the best fun with us at our beautiful office and test facility locations in Delft. Those who are part of the team claim they got more than they bargained for. Do you have what it takes to join?