Developing a new mode of transportation provides the opportunity for innovation in fields where things are being done because ‘that’s how we have always done it’.
It will be your responsibility to turn this world upside down. By leading a team of highly motivated individuals to research, develop, and implement new solutions for infrastructure and construction technologies in the context of hyperloop.
Expect a healthy mix between engineering and project management as one of the three leads in the product development team. Your tasks will vary from building and managing long-term and lasting relationships with technical partners and employees and being responsible for the overall engineering and technology development of the hyperloop infrastructure and the construction. You will report to the Engineering Project Manager who is responsible for the overall realization of the European Hyperloop Centre.
Your first major milestone, the realization of a high-speed test facility!
As our Lead Civil Engineer – Special Projects your responsibilities will include:
- Engineering focused on latest technology and innovative methods.
- Taking charge of the research and development of the hyperloop infrastructure design.
- Management of the infrastructure design, protype, lessons learnt, procurement, logistics and construction phases for our high-speed test facility called the European Hyperloop Centre (EHC). This will be for both civil and mechanical.
- Building and managing the infrastructure team and technical partnerships with assistance from our Engineers and Engineering Project Manager.
- Building and maintaining the safety culture within your team. At Hardt, we believe that safety is a behavior, not a formality.
- Developing specifications, engineering criteria and scope detailed scope of work documents.
- Management of site-based activities including the earthworks, civils and mechanical contractors.
- Good understanding of EPC and EPCM type contracts
What we like to see
- Demonstrated ability in your field of expertise and willingness to make a difference.
- Strong work ethic and drive to be the best.
- Strong Engineering experience in special type and infrastructure projects.
- Experience with prototyping and testing of civil and mechanical systems.
- Has experience in construction of small to medium sized projects and able to apply your knowledge and lessons learnt to both the design and construction phases of the project.
- Excellent communication skills in English — both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch — both written and verbal (optional).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomous, and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, be assertive and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a challenging work environment.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience related to the position.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Experience with CAD & BIM, and relevant simulation software
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional presentation and reporting skills.
- Availability to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- Flexibility in working hours and willingness to travel within and outside Europe.
- Enthusiastic people from all over the world
- Highly intrinsically motivated and committed to our vision
- Inclusive, all are welcome
- High-paced environment
- Fun is highly valued
Hardt is a European technology company that specializes in hyperloop. We believe it is our duty to improve the lives of current and future generations by creating technologies that challenge time and distance and remove physical boundaries. We envision a world where you can go and be with everyone and everything you care about. A world where distance does not matter.
Hyperloop is the new mode of transportation for large volumes of passengers and cargo. The hyperloop network connects cities, countries, and even continents in short periods of time. Tubes with a low-pressure environment offer ideal conditions for low-energy travel and protect the vehicles from external influences. Just like a highway, vehicles join and exit the high-speed network at any point along the route and are seamlessly connected with other modalities. Direct trips are made possible without transfers or intermediate stops.
How do you see the future of travel? We offer you to be among the first to have a say. Here, if one of us has an idea and a way to prove it, you will have the grounds to do it. We continually challenge each other to think unrestrained. You will have the chance to make a real impact on society. Above all, you will also have the best fun with us at our beautiful office and test facility locations in Delft. Those who are part of the team claim they got more than they bargained for. Do you have what it takes to join?