Location: Delft (The Hague/Rotterdam area), The Netherlands
Position: (Quantitative Interpretation) Geophysicist
Start date: Immediate
Delft Inversion is a young E&P service company, specialised in seismic reservoir characterisation. Being founded in 2013, the added value of its proprietary wave-equation based AVO technology has been demonstrated in several case studies around the globe. We are currently looking for a geophysicist to become part of our operations team, to perform and contribute to reservoir characterisation studies.
At Delft Inversion, every employee contributes directly to the overall company performance. We are currently going through an important phase of growth, by building new business cases in several oil & gas regions. Although we already have a unique technology portfolio, further developments are still underway and new products will hit the market in the coming two years.
The Delft Inversion team is very diverse from technical and cultural background which is translated to the work atmosphere. The clients we work for are located throughout the world and as such we have a wide geographical reach. Besides our global activities in oil and gas, we are also contributing to geothermal developments in The Netherlands, emphasizing our local presence. The variety and diversity of projects we work on, stimulates continuous technical development of our people.
Delft Inversion strives to become a significant player in the market. Not just by selling more projects, but by providing sound solutions to new and existing customers, contributing to their success. We believe strongly in our technology and aim for many customers to benefit from it.
The Geophysicist will become part of the operations team, reporting to the QI geophysics team lead. The main task will be to contribute to reservoir characterisation studies and as experience grows, this contribution should grow more into running projects independently. He/she is expected to keep standards high, own projects on track and stay focused on objectives, ensuring quality of our products and services and creating value for our clients.
As a user of the Delft Inversion software, tasks will include contributing to our software manual and other supporting (technical) documentation. As our software package is developing continuously, he/she is expected to work together with other members of the team on these continuous improvements. If enhancements on our workflows are identified, the geophysicist may be assigned to work on this.
- Performing reservoir characterisation studies, in-time and according to our high level of execution
- Focus on quality in our processes, products and services and identify areas for improvement
- Contribute to enhancements of the software package including workflows and technical documentation.
- M.Sc. degree or higher in geoscience or related field
- Up to 5 years working experience
- Preferably experience in, but as a minimum good understanding of, seismic reservoir characterisation and quantitative interpretation;
- seismic AVO inversion workflows;
- rock-physics modelling and analysis.
- Programming skills (Python)
- Experience with geophysical data handling
- Strong communication skills and professional fluency in English
- Professional work attitude and service delivery mentality
- Solutions focused and willing to take the extra step when required
- Not afraid to question existing opinions in a rather conservative market
- Experience in software package DUG Insight
Employment contract: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Closing date for applications: 24 December 2019
If you are interested in joining our team, please send an up-to-date CV, a letter of motivation and your salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please contact Panos Doulgeris at +31 6 81877904.
Please be aware that incomplete submissions will not be considered!