As an Accelerator Manager, you are made for attracting promising start-ups and scale-ups and you make sure that our program fits in seamlessly with their needs. Thinking along with entrepreneurs on a strategic level suits you. Just like initiating activities and programs focussed on entrepreneurship, hosting founders meetings and enabling introductions to their potential customers. Together with colleagues, you ensure that Buccaneer Delft has and keeps a clear position within the ecosystem.
To strengthen our accelerator program and help develop Buccaneers successfully, we are looking for an Accelerator Manager for 32 – 40 hours.
“Their success is our success; if we can help the Buccaneers to be successful by helping them grow as entrepreneurs, as innovators and as inspirers, our mission is accomplished.”
Click on the button at the bottom of this page for both the vacancy in Dutch and English.
Your role as Accelerator Manager
In the morning at the coffee machine you meet a couple of Buccaneers and you catch up briefly, they are looking for financing and yesterday you happened to talk to someone from an investment fund, perhaps a match. You also have two intakes scheduled that morning with young entrepreneurs within the energy sector. After lunch, you work on an idea for the monthly founders meeting and make a draft. Before you leave, you think about further developing the accelerator program and successfully launching new program modules. You support the Office and Facility Manager with creating rental contracts and facility services.
Your role in the ecosystem
You know exactly how to bring people together and quickly spot which connections will make a perfect fit and what the needs are. Together with your Communication & Community colleague, you regularly organize meetings and events focussed on entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability within maritime and energy. You also have the right external events and meetings in mind in which Buccaneer Delft can participate. In addition, you will work on expanding and maintaining the ecosystem (knowledge institutions, governments, industry association, universities and colleges, peers) and the Buccaneer Partner network.
Who are you
- You have a heart for (technical) innovation and sustainability, are bursting with creative ideas and want to get things done.
- You are interested in entrepreneurship and want to help young technical companies grow.
- You have a fascination for the energy transition and want to make an impact by giving promising technical innovations a stage.
- You make contacts easily, connecting people is second nature to you and you know how to use your network for the benefit of the accelerator.
- You have 2-4 years of work experience;
- You have excellent writing and speaking skills in Dutch and English;
- You are flexible and effortlessly adapt to the atmosphere at business events.
What we offer you
- A young, growing organization with a lot of space and freedom to shape and form your job;
- Personal development is highly valuated so that you can make an optimal contribution to both the organizational goals and your personal growth: together we set individual goals, you take responsibility.
- You will work together with a small, ambitious team, in a dynamic work environment at a special location in the center of Delft.
Buccaneer Delft is a community for innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability in the energy transition. Our accelerator is for technical start- and scale-ups, active in the maritime and (offshore) energy sector. With access to an exclusive network and valuable growth support. We focus on the connection between industry, education, government and other (public) organizations around transition. In addition, our unique location offers high-end facilities.
Do you recognize yourself in at least four points of the above profile? Send your motivation letter or video (max. 3 minutes) together with your CV in English to email@example.com.
Do you have any questions about the vacancy or the procedure? Feel free to ask them and contact Seriena Bal, Managing Director at +31(0)6 46728460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.