Buccaneer Delft is a community for innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability in the energy transition. Here you will find an accelerator for technical start- and scale-ups active in the maritime and (offshore) energy sector, we connect industry, education, government and other (public) organizations around transition issues and we offer high-end facilities at our unique location in Delft. On top of that we are in the process of developing and expanding our services.
With our accelerator program we offer young technical companies growth support and give them access to an exclusive network of leading companies within the sector. To strengthen this program and ensure the successful development of the Buccaneers, we are looking for an Accelerator Lead for 32 – 40 hours, experience level junior/medior.
Click on the button at the bottom of this page for both the vacancy in Dutch and English.
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will be responsible for attracting promising start-ups and scale-ups that are active within the maritime and (offshore) energy sector and you will ensure that our program fits their needs seamlessly. Think along with entrepreneurs on a strategic level, initiating activities and programs focused on entrepreneurship, chairing founders meetings and providing introductions to their potential customers. Together with the Community Lead you ensure that Buccaneer Delft has a clear position within the ecosystem.
- Selection and intake of start-ups and scale-ups;
- Maintain regular contact with these companies, facilitate monthly founders meetings, coordinate coaching programs and provide introductions to the ecosystem;
- Further develop the accelerator program and successfully launch new program modules;
- The practical side: setting up contracts and facility services in collaboration with the Office and Facility Manager.
- Organizing meetings and events focused on entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability within maritime and (offshore) energy;
- Representation of Buccaneer Delft by participating in external events and meetings;
- Development and maintenance of the ecosystem (knowledge institutions, governments, trade associations, universities and colleges, peers) and the Buccaneer Partner network.
Who are you
- You have 2-4 years of work experience;
- You are interested in entrepreneurship and want to help young technical companies grow;
- You have a heart for (technical) innovation and sustainability, are bursting with creative ideas and want to get things done;
- You have a fascination for the energy transition and want to make an impact by giving promising technical innovations a stage;
- You make contacts easily, connecting people is in your second nature and you know how to use your network for the benefit of the accelerator;
- You have excellent writing and speaking skills in Dutch and English;
- You are flexible and feeling comfortable at business events (which can also take place outside office hours).
What we offer you
- A young, growing organization with a lot of space and freedom to shape and form your job;
- You will work together with a small, ambitious team to realize Buccaneer Delft’s vision: to accelerate the energy transition by providing space and creating visibility for innovative sustainable technologies and new entrepreneurship.
- Personal development is highly valuated so that you can make an optimal contribution to both the organizational goals and your personal growth: together we set individual goals, you take responsibility for getting it done;
- A dynamic work environment at a special location in the center of Delft.
Do you recognize yourself in at least four points of the above profile? Then send your motivation letter or video (max. 3 minutes) together with your CV in English to email@example.com.
Do you have any questions about the vacancy or the procedure? Feel free to ask them and contact Seriena Bal, Managing Director at 06 46728460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.