Field Service Engineer
Service technician at BMO is a position covering both in house and on site operational responsibilities. General system (status) monitoring, composing measurement systems, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair, all come with the territory thus offering a versatile job.
• Delegated Operational responsibility
• Monitoring system health of measurement systems in field
• Troubleshooting of measurement systems, both in house and on site
• Repair of Measurement systems
• Building Measurement systems to specification
• Testing Measurement systems
• Installation of Measurement systems on site. (Vessel)
• General Customer support
Job requirements – Required Skills
Field service technicians, regardless of industry, must be able to work independently with little supervision. Field service technicians must be able to manage service calls through the area West-Europe. Besides the analytical skills needed for trouble shooting in general, they must also possess superb customer service skills and an ability to diagnose and solve problems from non-technical descriptions provided by their customers.
Although Safety Awareness is important at all times and everywhere, field service technicians need to hone their safety skill as they face the complicating condition of working in unfamiliar settings at their customer. Moreover, most off our systems are deployed in an offshore setting where the task is to monitor the safety of our clients operations and as such we have to set the standard.
• Technical knowledge of Windows 7, 8. (Embedded 7 / 8 is an advantage)
• Technical knowledge of Electrical systems (DC and Low Voltage directive)
• Technical knowledge of serial communications (rs232/422/485) (preferred)
• General knowledge of Electronics incl. ESD awareness
• Experience with ship automation and yard specifications( a plus)
• Experience with class society’s approval process for new built vessels (a plus)
• Analytical view (separating main and side issues)
• Good communication skills in English, both and in writing (German is an advantage)
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Flexible attitude concerning working hours and travel abroad.
• European Driving License (B / BE)
• A candidate living in the area of Delft / Zuid Holland is preferred
What does BMO offer:
We have the following to offer you as Service Technician Operations:
• A competitive salary (depending on experience) + 8% holiday allowance.
• 25 days off + 5 extra (bonus) days.
• Flexible scheduling of working hours.
• Working in an innovative environment with a Delft Technology Start-up.
• Opportunity to grow to Operations manager (40+ systems deployed and growing rapidly)
• Excellent pension scheme.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and letter.